Whenever I walk into a Mexican Restaurant, I am just in aw of chips and salsa. That’s why I LOVE this Restaurant Style Blender Salsa!! It brings me back to my childhood when we used to go to Pueblo Del Sol Mexican Restaurant. I would love going there simply for their salsa. It was one of the best local Mexican restaurants in town. That’s why I love this recipe. I don’t really know exactly what they put in their salsa but this one comes close to it in taste. The spiciness is perfect for our family because we love spicy foods. And I absolutely love the fact that it’s cheap to make and I always have the ingredients on hand in the pantry.
Restaurant Style Blender Salsa
NOTE: This is one of the recipes we use in our FREE 7-Day Clean Eating Group.
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 whole jalapeno, seeded and chopped (leave seeds in if you like your salsa really hot and spicy)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- juice of 1 lemon(or lime will work too)
- Himalayan salt, to taste
- Combine ingredients in the blender in the order listed. Puree until smooth (I do it for about 10 seconds), or you can leave a little chunky, if desired. Test seasonings to your desired taste.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving.