A very budget-friendly meal that’s quick for any weeknight. We didn’t even get to have any leftovers…
Bangers and Mash
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 beef or polish sausages
- 1/2 cup onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 2 cups water
- In a saucepan, place the potatoes and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, add salt and simmer until just tender.
- Drain potatoes. Add butter and mash with a potato masher. Gradually add milk until you have a nice creamy consistency.
- While the potatoes are simmering on the stove, start to cook the sausages.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, place the sausages and cook on all sides until brown and cooked through. Set aside in a warm place. (I used the crock pot and placed on warm setting.)
- In the same skillet, heat the butter and gently fry the onions until they tender and are golden brown.
- Mix the balsamic vinegar, beef stock cubes and water in a bowl. Add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil and simmer to reduce until you have a nice gravy consistency.
- Pile the mashed potatoes on the plate with the sausages on top and pour over the onion gravy.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!