Listen to your children. Make sure everyone has a chance to speak and be heard. What can you talk about?
- Talk about fun places where you and your child want to go – to the zoo, park, grandma‛s house, beach or campground.
- Talk about your favorite foods – what vegetable do you like? How do you like to cook it?
- Talk about what you and your child did today.
- Ask your child what he would like to do after dinner? On the weekend?
- Plan tomorrow‛s dinner together.
- Share your happy childhood memories with your child.
Your child will learn that you care what they say at mealtime and it is important for you to be with them. Your child will also learn how to take turns listening and talking.