This is an easy breakfast bar recipe that can be made ahead of time and our kids really enjoy.
Makes: 2 to 3 dozen bars
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs and molasses in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; adding to first mixture and stir well to mix.
- Stir in oatmeal, walnuts (optional), raisins or cranberries and chocolate pieces.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until done.
- Cut into bars.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!