I love my crock pot! One of the best investments a busy mom could have on weeknights. Crockpot Shredded Beef is a favorite filling of ours for burritos, tacos, chimichangas or sandwiches.And one of the easiest to make using the crockpot. Sometimes I even have enough leftovers to freeze for another meal, make extra burritos or save for a taco salad for lunch. It’s easy because the crockpot does most of the work and it doesn’t require a whole lot of prep time.
CrockPot Shredded Beef
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 8-10 hours
Total Time: 8-10 hours, 10 mins
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 to 4 pounds Beef Chuck Roast, boneless
- medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 Tablespoons water
- In large skillet heat olive oil until shimmering. Generously salt and pepper the chuck roast.
- Add meat to pan and brown well on each side. Remove to the crockpot.
- Add chopped onion to skillet and saute, scraping up bits, until onion is translucent in color. Stir in taco seasoning and oregano. Stirring until well combined. Add water to make a paste. (You can use a little extra water if the mixture is dry). Scrape onion mixture into crockpot.
- Set to low and cook all day, about 6-10 hours.
Meat will be extremely tender and easily fall apart. Shred by pulling meat apart with two forks. Recipe Tip: Save drippings for another use, like adding to soup or making gravy.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!