Easy BBQ Chicken Sliders topped with a crunchy cole slaw, make for the perfect weeknight or weekend party food. Don’t be surprised if they ask for seconds.
BBQ Chicken Sliders with Cole Slaw
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (12-ounce can or bottle) beer
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Frank’s hot sauce
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, bring all sauce ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken to crock pot. Pour sauce over chicken and stir until combined. Cook on low heat for 4 hours.
- Spoon bbq chicken mixture on rolls and top with cole slaw (recipe below)
Cole Slaw for BBQ Chicken Sliders
- 1/2 green cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients together. Wrap with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to chill. (Do this while the BBQ Chicken is in the crock pot.
- Keep cabbage wrap in plastic wrap or zip loc bag until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, add cabbage to a medium to large bowl. Pour just enough dressing to lightly coat the cabbage.
- Top BBQ Chicken with cole slaw and serve.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!