We’re making some breads that are quick and easy like this classic Crumb Top Coffee Cake that are designed for a day of leisurely baking.
Your family will enjoy the benefits of freshly-made bread in many forms and varieties. There is a limitless selection of muffins, biscuits, rolls, yeast and quick breads.
Crumb Top Coffee Cake
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour and sugar; cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbles.
- Reserve 1 cup for topping.
- Add baking powder, cinnamon and salt; cut in remaining butter. Add diced apple.
- Add combined milk and egg, mixing just until moistened.
- Pour into greased and floured 8-inch square pan; sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm.
Notes: The caramel topping is optional, still tweaking that recipe before sharing.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!