Homemade pizza is certainly a favorite dish in our house. It’s such a versatile meal that any toppings can work well. It’s on our weekly menu at least once a week. It’s super easy, fast and an inexpensive family meal which is one of my requirements when it comes to meal planning.
I’ve finally have perfected an easy pizza crust recipe that we all enjoy. I also use the recipe for making rolls, bread sticks, and regular sandwich bread.
A new favorite type of pizza of ours is Cheeseburger Pizza. If you add bacon, it becomes a Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza or Bacon, Onion Rings as toppings and BBQ Sauce, it becomes a Western Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza.
- 1 pound lean ground been or lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- a pinch of salt to taste
- 1/2 cup ketchup, plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cheese (Cheddar, Colby Jack or Mozzarella-I like to use a mixture)
- 1/2 cup dill pickles
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- homemade pizza crust
- Preheat your oven to 400. Spread pizza dough onto a lightly greased bar pan for a deep dish pizza or on a regular pizza pan. Bake 7-8 minutes.
- While the pizza crust is baking, brown the ground beef, garlic and onion in a skillet. Drain off fat and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in ketchup, mustard and worcestershire sauce.
- Once the crust is out of the oven spread on the meat mixture and cover with tomatoes and cheeses. Bake another 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is cooked through.
- Top with pickles, bacon (optional) and lettuce.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!