This year, I have two more helpers this holiday season. Aren’t they adorable? You all know I’m a thrifty shopper and on one of my usual stops to the thrift store, this cute little pair caught my eye. I had to give them a home. This holiday season, I’ve decided to change much of my holiday decor to a Santa’s Workshop theme. It’s still a work in progress but the kids seem already excited about Christmas with the decorations I’ve put up so far.
What’s Cooking With The Elves?
The elves were already getting ahead start on Christmas cookie baking last night. This cookie recipe was inspired by my Sweet Apple Oatmeal and Coconut Cookies .
|Oatmeal Cranberry Coconut Cookies||
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plus 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, cream first 3 ingredients until light; beat in egg. Add oats, dry ingredients, coconut and dried cranberries; mix well. Chill several hours.
- Shape into balls about the size of a walnut and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or baking spray; flatten slightly with floured tumbler. Bake 10-12 minutes.