Brrrrrr…. It’s starting to get cold out there. So what better way to warm up the family than with a nice bowl of soup, stew or chili? Today I’m cooking with ingredients from the pantry and freezer. So yummy and comforting, this soup is delicious and healthy! Give it a try!
|Chicken Tortilla Soup||
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic cloved, pressed or minced
- 4 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup Mexican style stewed tomatoes
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 28 tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred before serving.
You can serve with shredded monterey jack cheese, chopped avocado and crisp tortilla chips on to top of soup.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!