Rise and Shine! Nothing gets kids moving in the morning like a hearty breakfast. This is a fun twist to the Breakfast Burritos I make for the kids. I left off the handles on the baskets since I used my extra large muffin pan to bake the tortillas and they were easier to handle for the kids.
|Breakfast Basket Recipe-Eggs In A Basket||
- 6 (6-inch) flour tortillas, divided
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 4 bacon slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup potato fries, chopped (they were leftovers from previous night)
- 3 Tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Chives for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush 6 tortillas with melted butter; let stand until pliable, about 5 minutes. Gently ease buttered tortillas into a large muffin pan. (Custard cups will work too.)
- Bake tortilla cups 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove muffin pan from oven to wire rack; cool.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in medium skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon from skillet; set aside. Pour off all but 1 Tablespoon bacon fat from skillet. Add bell pepper and onion to skillet; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Add leftover chopped potato fries. Cook until heated through.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, hot pepper sauce and pepper, add to vegetable mixture in skillet; cook and stir until eggs are set. stir in bacon. Divide egg mixture evenly among prepared tortilla baskets. Garnish with chives. Serve warm.
Green bell pepper can be used in place of red or both types of peppers would be delicious.
Salsa, sour cream or shredded cheese could also be used as a topping.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!