This delicious Italian cookie is the perfect compliment to a nice warm cup of coffee, tea or hot cider on a beautiful Fall day.
You all know how I love to be involved in the community. My involvement with Share Our Strength’s Great American Bake Sale raising money to help end childhood hunger in America has been a huge success in previous years. A good foodie friend of mine, The Spiffy Cookie is hosting another type of wonderful Bake Sale for her friend’s brother Dave, who was in a tragic motorcycle accident this past August. He sustained multiple injuries including a fractured left ankle and a right below the knee amputation. Currently, he is in rehabilitation and once his legs heal, David will need a prosthetic leg to walk again.
I couldn’t help but say yes to this wonderful cause. You can read more about the bake sale and Run for Dave on her website. I believe she is still looking for more bake sale donations.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 3/4 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together oil, sugar, eggs, molasses and pumpkin puree. In another bowl, combine flours, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and pumpkin spice; mix into egg mixture to form a stiff dough.
- Divide dough in half, and shape each half into a roll the length of the cookie. Place rolls on cookie sheet, and pat down to flatten the dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool.
- When cool enough to touch, cut into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices. Place sliced biscotti on cookie sheet, and bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until toasted and crispy.
- Once the biscotti have fully cooled, they can be consumed as is, or white chocolate dipped.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!