Slow cookers can prepare just about any type of food you can imagine. Hearty soups and stews, creative chicken dishes, pork and beef recipes, exciting party ideas and old-fashioned breads and desserts. Are all fantastic recipes to warm up your weeknights or weekends. I’ll be sharing those great tasting recipes here on Noel’s Kitchen Tips.
The Benefits of a Slow Cooker (Crock Pot)
- No need for constant attention or frequent stirring
- No worry about burning or overcooking
- No sink full of pots and pans to scrub at the end of a long day
- Great for family parties and buffets
- Keeps your kitchen cool by keeping your oven turned off during the summer.
- Save energy-cooking on the low setting uses less energy than most light bulbs
Considering the hectic pace of today’s busy lifestyle, so many busy families are learning to rediscover this time-saving kitchen helper. You just spend a few minutes preparing the ingredients, turn on the slow cooker and relax. Long cooking times without any fuss, take the stress out of meal preparation.
Someone asked me the other day, what type of slow cooker I have. My slow cooker was passed down to me from my grandmother. It was one of the best-selling slow cookers~The Rival Company’s Crock-Pot Slow Cooker. It has heat coils circling the crockery insert, allowing the heat to surrond the food and cook evenly. One of these days, I’ll upgrade to a newer and bigger slow cooker, but for now, I’m happy with mine. Some of my family’s favorite slow cooker crock pot dishes so far are:
- Homemade Crock Pot Greek Yogurt
- Crock Pot Enchiladas
- Best Crock Pot Apple Butter
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- Fall Off The Bone Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket
- Slow Cooker Black Beans and Ham
- Slow Cooker Meat Loaf
- Slow Cooker Pinto Beans
What’s a favorite slow cooker recipe of yours?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!