Last week’s three days of school was like a quick appetizer. This week, we’re officially into school, homework, make ahead lunches, quick and easy weeknight meals, followed by the adventures of reading each night.
This week’s meal plan is simple. I’ve done a lot of freezer cooking and prepping these past few days and here’s what I’ve accomplished:
- 6 loaves sandwich bread
- 2 freezer bags bread roll dough (shaped and ready to bake)
- 6 pizza dough (ready to defrost, shape and bake)
- 2 freezer bags hamburger patties (2 meals)
- 1 freezer bag chicken thighs (marinated in Italian dressing and frozen)
- 1 freezer bag chicken thighs (marinated in Sweet-and-Spicy and frozen)
- 5 freezer bags muffin mix
34 freezer bags biscuit mix
- 2 batches of cookie dough
- 2 batches of cookies baked (will defrost by lunch time and chocolate chips won’t melt in lunch box)
- Lasagna Roll-Ups (3 Lasagna Rolls leftover from Saturday’s dinner-perfect for lunches)
Of course, if I have the time, I’ll add more to the freezer. Now, this week’s meal plan:
Breakfast: (all served with fresh fruit, yogurt or applesauce)
Lunches: (all served with fresh fruit and veggies)
- Taco salad (son’s request)
- Freezer Brown Bag Burritos
- PB &J on Homemade Bread
- Turkey and Spinach wraps
Dinners: (all served with some type of bread, green salad and some type of veggie)
- Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken (marinated ahead of time and frozen)
- Two-Cheese Macaroni (freezer cooking meal and it’s perfect for when I have my PTC meeting Monday night.)
- Warming Shepherd’s Pie (freezer cooking meal)
- Hearty Pasta Casserole
- Pizza Night
- Leftover Buffet Night
- Crunchy Potato Bites
- Cheesy Broccoli Rice
- Quick Corn Pudding
- Green Salad
- Strawberry Slushies
- Apple Pie
- Blueberry Pie (yes, another pie, I went crazy this weekend with my pie crust and perfecting it.)
Next, with the tomatoes in the garden (counted over 40 so far) I’m hoping to make homemade red sauce, do some canning and maybe a tomato pie.
This menu is part of Menu Plan Monday at The Organized Junkie.
What’s on your menu this week?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!