Fill your dinner table bread basket with these delicious homemade quick and easy drop biscuits right from the oven are so yummy! They are delicious with honey, butter or jam!
Bread is served with practically every meal at our house. Whether it’s french bread, rolls or biscuits, it’s a staple. Usually when I make biscuts, they are gone before I even have a chance to finish getting breakfast or dinner on the table.
Quick and Easy Drop Biscuits
Makes: 12 biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flours, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine oil, honey, egg, and milk.
- Fold wet mixture into dry and drop by 1/4 cup fulls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with butter, honey, your favorite jam, or cream cheese. You could also make breakfast biscuits by adding scrambled eggs and chopped ham, bacon or sausage to the mix.
This recipe is great for freezer cooking and make into a mix. Simply combine the dry ingredients in a ziptop bag, mark with wet ingredients to add and baking instructions and you’re ready to whip up a batch at a moment’s notice.
Here are some of the kitchen tools I use for this recipe to make it quick and easy:
- mixing bowls – I love bowls that clean easily and stack up easily in the cupboard.
- parchment paper – Easy clean up, nothing beats that and you can reuse the parchment paper, plus perfect size for any baking job.
- sheet pans – A good sheet pan will last a long time. it makes a big difference when baking.
This post contains affiliate links. When you make a purchase through those links, I am paid a small amount in advertising fees. Thanks for your support. I really appreciate it.
Originally published August 21, 2011. Updated August 20, 2017.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!