Bread is served with practically every meal at our house. Whether it’s french bread, rolls or biscuits, it’s a staple. Usually when I make biscuts, they are gone before I even have a chance to finish getting breakfast or dinner on the table. These homemade quick and easy biscuits right from the oven are so yummy!
Quick and Easy Drop Biscuits
Makes: 8 biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flours, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine oil, honey, egg, and milk.
- Fold wet mixture into dry and drop by 1/4 cup fulls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with butter, honey, your favorite jam, or cream cheese. You could also make breakfast biscuits by adding scrambled eggs and chopped ham, bacon or sausage to the mix.
This recipe is great for freezer cooking and make into a mix. Simply combine the dry ingredients in a ziptop bag, mark with wet ingredients to add and baking instructions and you’re ready to whip up a batch at a moment’s notice.