As a quick special treat I like to make these Chocolate Chip Big Bar Cookies. They are quick, easy and a little on the chewy side if you don’t over bake them. I make one batch with chocolate chips and one with butterscotch.
And, can I just say they taste fantastic, cold from the freezer? Oh my!
Chocolate Chip Big Bar Cookies
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup, plus 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup milk chocolate chips or semi-sweet chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, slightly beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla, eggs, egg yolk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Then fold dry ingredients into wet without overmixing.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press cookie mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 baking pan and bake 20-30 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool completely and cut into squares. To make ahead, store cut cookies in airtight container, separated by layers of waxed paper, and freeze.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!