Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast are a big hit around our house. I recently started making a batch or two to keep in the freezer so I can pull out for a Sunday Family Breakfast or quick breakfast on the weekday. When school starts, making this recipe ahead of time will come in handy.
Over the course of the last few days, I’ve made quite a few Baking Mixes for the freezer to include a Muffin Mix, Biscuit Mix, Oatmeal Packets, Pancake Mix and Brownie Mix. By making these ahead of time, this not only saves me time in the long run but keeps the mixes fresh. Plus, I’ve made some Zucchini waffles and Blueberry Muffins to my freezer stock. To say the least, my freeezer is well stocked for breakfast.
Throughout the week, I’ll share these easy make-ahead baking mixes so you can stock your freezer–stay tuned!
2 cups milk
4 1/2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup quick rolled oats
4 – 4 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons yeast
3 1/2 Tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
Combine ingredients in the bread machine according to manufacturer’s instructions. Use 4 cups of flour to start. Add more flour in case the dough is too wet. Program for Dough and allow the machine to do its magic.
- When the dough is ready, roll out on a lightly floured surface until you have a 12 x 15-inch rectangle. Spread butter over surface. In small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over butter.
- Roll up dough, jelly-roll fashion, starting from the long edge and pinching the seam to seal.
- Slice into 12 equal portions and arrange evenly in a greased, 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. (or at this point, label and place in your freezer until ready to use.)
- In the morning, remove from refrigerator and allow to rest 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake rolls until browned, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Glaze with icing.
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 – 2 Tablespoons milk
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!