A few weeks ago, I was browsing through my new Pampered Chef Spring/Summer Catalog, and got excited about all the new Spring and Summer kitchen and pantry items that have come out to add to my kitchen and give my review. While I was browsing the catalog, I looked over at the fruit bowl and saw three bananas that desperately needed my attention. Banana Muffins sounded good. So, I put on my apron gathered up some ingredients to make some Banana Muffins but I wanted to add something a little sweet and special to them, I decided to grab my Sweet Apple Sprinkle from the pantry. I was lucky enough to have just the right amount I needed for this delicious muffin topping. These muffins were the perfect solution to those bananas that were crying out from the fruit bowl.
Banana Apple Crunch Muffins
Makes: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Apple Sprinkle
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, lemon juice, lemon flavoring, sugar, egg.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon and melted butter. Stir until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
This is just one of many delicious recipes I’ll be making with my Pampered Chef pantry items!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!