Or should I say Pigs In A Sleeping Bag? Our kids will ask me to make this recipe again and again I’m sure. I tried a new twist to this kid-friendly recipe by using my Pizza Dough Recipe. Kids like food they can pick up with their fingers and dunk into ketchup and mustard. And this variation on the old favorite pigs in a blanket speedily fit the bill. (as long as dough is made in advance.) You can serve these with baked beans, grape tomatoes, and something green.
Pigs In A Blanket
1 batch pizza dough
8 hot dogs (chicken, beef or turkey)
Ketchup and mustard for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut dough into 8 equal portions. (This also depends on the size of the hot dogs.)
- Roll out dough to length of hot dog. Wrap hot dog with dough and pinch seam together.
- Place the wrapped hot dog on an ungreased baking sheet or large bar pan. Repeat with the remaining hot dogs.
- Bake the hot dogs until they sizzle and the dough is light golden brown. 16 to 18 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and, using a mini-serving spatula, transfer the hot dogs to plates.
- Serve the hot dogs at once with ketchup and mustard.
Noel’s Quick Notes: For a fast nibble, cut the hot dogs in half. Pile the baked Pigs In A Blanket on a platter around bowls of ketchup, mustard or barbeque sauce.
Variations: Try this recipe with polish dogs. Before wrapping hot dogs, add tomato, pickles or even cheese for an extra surprise with every bite.
Serves 4 to 8
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!