Summary: Imagine an easy breakfast bread that tastes like cinnamon rolls. It is delicious warm and doesn’t need butter. The bread can be assembled the night before, then left to rise in the refrigerator overnight.
Recipe: Cinnamon Swirl Bread
1 1/4 cups milk
1 1/2 Tablespoons butter
4 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 cups bread flour or all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon bread machine yeast
2 Tablespoons very soft butter
6 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
6 Tablespoons raisins (optional)
4 Tablespoons chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Put first six ingredients in bread pan in order listed. Set bread machine to dough cycle. Press Start.
- Remove butter from refrigerator to soften it. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together. Butter a 9 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Remove dough from bread machine and punch down. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to form a rectangle about 8 inches wide and about 16 inches long. Spread the butter with a silicone basting brush, then sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over the surface of the dough. Roll it into a fat 8-inch-long cylinder.
- Loosely cover and put in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the loaf until the top is golden and a skewer inserted in the bread comes out clean, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan and put it on a wire rack. Let it cool at least 30 minutes so the hot sugar does not burn you.
Noel’s Notes: The bread can be assembled the night before, then left to rise in the refrigerator overnight.
Variations: Raisins, Chopped Nuts or Diced Fruit can be added after the first kneading or when beep sounds ( first resting period of dough cycle.) Drizzle warm cream cheese frosting over the top for an extra special taste.
Makes: 1 1/2 pound loaf
Cooking Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes dough cycle (includes first rising time); 1 hour second rising time or overnight in refrigerator.
Total Cooking Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Meal Type: Breakfast, Brunch
My Family Rating: 4
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!