This meal will be on our family menu quite often. The whole family enjoyed it. I absolutely love the fact that you can throw a meal together in the crockpot, come home from work and dinner is ready.
Recipe: Crockpot Enchiladas
Summary: A delicious Enchilada dish made in the crockpot.
- 1 packet Enchilada sauce mix
- 8-12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Tomatillo salsa
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Jalapenos, chopped (optional)
- Olives, chopped (optional)
- Make Enchilada sauce mix according to package instructions.
- Lightly coat crockpot with non-stick baking spray.
- Spread 1/4 cup sauce on the bottom of crockpot.
- Place flour tortilla on top of sauce.
- Spread a handful of chicken and cheese, alternating cheese over the top of tortilla.
- Repeat layers of sauce, chicken and cheese until all but 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese is used.
- On top layer add salsa then top with remainder of cheddar cheese.
- Place crockpot on low setting and cook for 4 hours.
Noel’s Quick Notes:
To freeze:Place 2 cups in freezable container. To thaw: Remove from freezer and place in refrigerator until ready to heat. Heat in microwave for 3-5 minutes per serving. Makes for great leftovers.
Can use shredded beef or pork in place of chicken. Corn tortillas can be substituted for flour. Any of your favorite salsas would work with this recipe. The Tomatillo salsa I used, was in the cold case section of the grocery store.
Cooking Time: 4 hours
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time Duration: 4 hours 15 minutes
Meal Type: Lunch or Dinner
My Rating: 5 stars
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!