There’s delicious flavor with a classic comfort food. Here’s another one of my Family Style Chili recipes with a touch of sweetness and just the right amount of kick. Makes enough for one family meal plus enough for lunch leftovers. Serve with your favorite toppings.
Family Style Chili
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, browned and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, diced and seeded or unseeded depending on amount of heat you prefer
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can corn, drained
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Taco seasoning
- 2-3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Chopped onion (optional)
- Dairy sour cream (optional)
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- In a skillet, cook and stir sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Add to slow cooker sausage mixture, jalapeno, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings. Set slow cooker to low setting and cook 6-8 hours.
- To serve, ladle chili into bowls or homemade bread bowls. If desired, top each serving with cheese, chopped onion, and/or sour cream, cilantro and crushed red pepper.
What do you serve with your Chili?