Here are some other ideas you can do as a family:
- Plant a flower and/or vegetable garden. Gardening is a fun, healthy, and educational activity for you and your family. Children learn responsibility, and your family saves money on fresh and healthy produce.
- Walk, jog, or run as a family. We live close by to the kid’s school track and that is great for this activity. It’s a great workout for me in trying to keep up with them.
- Surprise the family. Go on a mystery scenic drive. Only you know the destination. Have something special waiting at the end of the drive. Stop at scenic overlooks. (With the price of gas so high, you may not want to drive too far.)
- Have a scavenger hunt either inside or outside. Children will have fund finding the items listed.
- Read a book together as a family. Even older children can enjoy a younger child’s book, and you may be surprised at how much younger children comprehend reading materials beyond their reading level.
- Make an indoor tents with blankets draped over tables and/or chairs. I had fun making my own little forts as a child. Set up an outdoor tent with blankets.
- Have a barbecue or picnic at a park.
Make a game of trying something new every weekend, with no repeats! Eat new foods, learn something new as a family or go places you’ve never been before.
I hope this helps you make some wonderful family memories!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!