This Pizza Casserole is our family’s favorite comfort recipe that is frugal on your wallet, easy to make and you can make a HUGE amount!
Frugal Comfort Recipes
My Deep Covered Baker is the best investment I’ve made when it comes to kitchen products. I use it at least 3-4 times per week and I can make a variety of great dishes that are quick and easy.
Plus, I can make the meal ahead of time and place in the refrigerator until just before dinner. It will make your life in the kitchen easier and your family will LOVE the wonderful meals you make! Both oven and microwave safe, the Deep Covered Baker is very versatile.
With the season changing, this week, I’ll be sharing some of my favorite frugal comfort recipes that are frugal on your wallet, easy to make and you can make a HUGE amount! I highly suggest this meal as a family-kid friendly meal. Just think of all the different additions you could add!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups Mostaccioli noodles (or your favorite pasta noodles)
- 1 9.75 ounce jar Prego Chunky Garden Mushroom Supreme with Baby Portobello Italian Sauce
- 1 cup pepperoni slices
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. As the beef is browning, boil the pasta noodles. Once noodles are cooked, drain and add them to the cooked ground beef along with pasta sauce, pepperoni slices and oregano. Stir until ingredients are combined.
- Add 1 cup of the Mozzarella cheese. Together in the skillet, mix all ingredients, stirring thoroughly. Add to Deep Dish Baker, top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with baker lid and bake for 3o minutes.
Prepare up to the point of baking, do not bake. Instead, place in a freezable aluminum pan, cover and freeze. To serve: Thaw in refrigerator. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 3o minutes.
Recipe Note: Try adding green bell peppers, red bell peppers, olives, sausage and onion for a Combo Pizza Casserole
Next week, I will share my favorite side dish to share at a holiday party.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!