Start the day off right with a hearty bacon, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich.
Today I am up early preparing for another family trip to Reno, Nevada for Street Vibrations. Street Vibrations is Reno’s coolest celebration of music, metal and motorcycles. (We go fo the motorcycles.) Our family tries to attend the event every year. This year we may even stop in to check out the Tattoo Expo. It should be a lot of fun!
Before we head out for the day, I decided to make these easy breakfast sandwiches. They are quick and easy and can be made any day of the week.
- 1 16-ounce can Jumbo flaky biscuits
- 8 slices (6 ounces) hickory smoked, fully cooked Canadian bacon
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices American cheese or your favorite cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes or until cool enough to slice through the middle.
- Meanwhile in a mixing bowl, add eggs, salt and pepper; whisk well . Add to pre-heated skillet. Cook until egg mixture is almost set, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, slice biscuits in half. Spoon egg mixture on top of bottom half of biscuit. Top with cheese, bacon and top half of biscuit.
Recipe Note: You can individualize these sandwiches to fit your family. Add dill, cumin, ham, regular bacon, turkey bacon or turkey sausage, diced onion, green pepper or tomato to the egg mixture.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!