Crispy Mexicali Salad
Fresh vegetables and black beans are united in this salad with a zesty Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette. It’s light, colorful, crunchy and full of zesty flavor. Very easy to make and tastes delicious! This salad is the perfect compliment to fajitas. Part of our Keep it Cool summer recipe ideas.
- 1 head Red Leaf lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup fresh corn (I used leftovers from our corn on the cob)
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Tortilla chips, shredded for topping
- Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- In a large salad bowl, add above ingredients in order listed. Serve with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette.
Recipe Note: For a heartier main dish salad, 2 cups diced cooked chicken or shredded beef can be added, if desired. This salad can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon organo
- 1/2 teaspoon Southwestern Seasoning Mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients. Wrap with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for one hour to incorporate the flavors.