Make-Ahead Meals For Busy Moms
Discover easy recipes like this Seasoned Ground Beef for make-ahead meal planning and getting dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less. Later in the week on my meal planning day, I’ll share with you step by step instructions on how you’ll be able to to create two different meals with this simple main ingredient recipe.
Seasoned Ground Beef
*Recipe Note: For a family of six or more, double your ingredients
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Place ground beef in a large family skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until no longer pink, mixing and chopping beef turning it into crumbles. Drain. Set aside.
- Add onions, garlic and celery to skillet. Saute until onions are golden. Add ground beef, stir until mixture is combined. Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and tomato sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15-20 or until thickens. Remove from heat and cool.
- Spoon about 2 cups into a freezable container, leaving 1/2-inch space at the top. Seal and label containers. Freeze. Use within 3 months.
- For use during your weeknight meal, simply put 2 cups into a refrigerator container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
This recipe is a lifesaver on those extra-busy days.
As always, my quick and easy recipes for Busy Moms can be found on my website Noel’s Kitchen Tips.com.