Sometimes a simple classic meal can be just the right way to end a weekend. A menu as simple as the Classic Tuna Melt with Creamy Tomato Soup is a perfect quick and easy meal.
On Sunday our family likes to kick back and relax before the start of a new week. I like to end our weekend with a meal theme that is Quick and Easy.
Classic Tuna Melt with Creamy Tomato Soup
Classic Tuna Melt
- 2 cans albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1 Tablespoon green onion, chopped (yellow or white onion can be used as well, I add green onion for color)
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices of Cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bread of your choice
- In a bowl, mix tuna, onion, 1 Tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- On one slice of bread, place a slice of cheese. Top with tuna mixture.
- Place another piece of bread on top of tuna to make a sandwich.
- Continue with the remainder of bread and cheese.
- Lightly spread the remainder of mayonnaise on both sides of sandwich.
- Grill in a skillet until lightly brown on both sides.
- Serve with soup, salad or fries.
Creamy Tomato Soup
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock/broth (I like to make my own stock ahead of time and freezer. When I need it, I pull it out of freezer.)
- 4 cups crushed tomato or Italian stewed tomatoes with seasoning
- 1 cup heavy cream or milk
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Combine broth and tomatoes in a medium saucepan over moderate heat.
- When soup starts to bubble, stir in heavy cream or milk and reduce heat to low.
- Season with a little salt and pepper and simmer gently 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With an immersion blender, puree soup.
- Serve bowls of soup with sandwiches, salad or fries.
As always, my quick and easy recipes for Busy Moms can be found on my website Noel’s Kitchen Tips.
Inspiring More Families Around The Dinner Table More Often. Eating out is Expensive….Eating With Family Is Priceless
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!