Got blueberries? Then these Caramel Crunch Blueberry Muffins are a delicious treat that mix up quickly and freeze beautifully after baking.
I haven’t posted my recipes, only because I have not had an opportunity to sit down and write about making as much as I have this past week. I’ve been busy in the office getting work finished up before the Christmas holiday than coming home and taking care of the family and things around the ranch. Our six-year old was in the school’s winter program a few nights ago. It’s amazing how much time flies when you have children. My oldest is seventeen now and I can still remember watching his school winter programs like it was yesterday.
This weekend we’re watching our nieces and newphew that recently moved to Silver Springs, NV from Las Vegas. It’s nice that they are closer to us now for visits. Last year at Thanksgiving while we’re there for a visit we decided to buy a time share with Bluegreen Resorts. We basically can go anywhere we want, Hawaii, Mexico, Aruba, East Coast or back to Vegas. We are still in the planning stages for our vacation trip for next year. But that’s a whole other blog post.
As far as recipes go, I’ll be making a huge batch of pancakes this morning, served with a sliced warm apple and cinnamon syrup on top. I have one quick dinner recipe, that I made in the ctockpot and served with spaghetti noodles that made a busy weeknight much easier and yesterday I made some Caramel Crunch Bluberry Muffins using fresh bluberries my husband picked up.
Caramel Crunch Blueberry Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with muffin cups or lightly grease muffin pan.
- Wash blueberries, drain.
- In a mixing bowl combine ingredients in the order listed. Scoop batter into muffin cups.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Sweet Caramel Sprinkles (These are specifically from Pampered Chef however you could use these regular sugar crystals from Wilton.)
- Mix topping ingredients together in a small bowl except Sweet Caramel Sprinkles until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over muffin batter. Sprinkle Sweet Caramel Sprinkles over muffin batter and topping before baking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I really like the way my muffins turn out when I use my muffin stoneware pan. They’re nice and moist on the inside.
The tops come out lightly golden brown and a bit crunchy.
My muffins never stick to the pan and come out perfect everytime. Most importantly the tops are so much bigger than the bottom and we all enjoy the tops more than the bottoms anyway, right?
This post contains affiliate links. When you make a purchase through those links, I am paid a small amount in advertising fees. Thanks for your support. I really appreciate it.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!