This is a good traditional recipe for Chewy Molasses Cookies that has the perfect amount of spice. It’s also a kid-friendly recipe.
I made these cookies to go with my Pumpkin Mousse and they were a hit. The cookies come out soft and chewy.
Chewy Molasses Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses, mild flavor
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup white sugar
1.In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the unsalted butter, 1 cup sugar, and egg until smooth. Stir in the molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger; blend into the molasses mixture.
Cover, and chill dough for 1 hour.
2.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roll dough with the palm of your hands into small sized balls,(I use a small scoop to measure exact size) and roll them in the remaining white sugar. (This is a step your kids can help with) Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven, until tops are cracked. (Oven temperatures vary) Cool on wire racks.