This is a good traditional recipe for Chewy Molasses Cookies that has the perfect amount of spice. It’s also a kid-friendly recipe.
I made these cookies to go with my Pumpkin Mousse and they were a hit. The cookies come out soft and chewy.
Chewy Molasses Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses, mild flavor
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup white sugar
1.In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the unsalted butter, 1 cup sugar, and egg until smooth. Stir in the molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger; blend into the molasses mixture.
Cover, and chill dough for 1 hour.
2.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roll dough with the palm of your hands into small sized balls,(I use a small scoop to measure exact size) and roll them in the remaining white sugar. (This is a step your kids can help with) Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven, until tops are cracked. (Oven temperatures vary) Cool on wire racks.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!