Holiday Entertaining Ideas
This Thanksgiving I decided to plan a wonderful array of different recipes for our Thanksgiving feast, starting from the appetizers all the way to the dessert. If your having guests this Thanksgiving, serving easy, quick appetizers will definitely impress your guests. If your refrigertator is well stocked, than you can prepare something quickly.
Easy Appetizer Recipes
Brie is a fun cheese to work with during the holidays and just plain simple for a quick get together with family or friends. Brie is perfect with fresh fruit, crackers or a simple baguette.
Melted Brie with Mango and Apricots
- 1/2 cup Apricot preserves
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 pound wedge Brie cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh mango
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced
- Mix preserves, orange peel, orange juice, lemon juice and cinnamon in a bowl .
- Cover apricot sauce and heat in the microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
Pour apricot sauce on a microwave-safe appetizer platter. Place Brie wedge on apricot sauce.
Return to microwave, uncovered and heat until Brie is slightly melted. Garnish with fresh parsley and assort mango pieces on platter.
Place baguette slices on platter and serve.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!