There are many uses for the roasting pan. Here is a list of some of those uses along with some Quick and Easy Roasting Pan Tips for your Holiday Season.
Putting Your Roasting Pan To Use:
- Perfect for Carmel Corn (double the recipe for the holidays)
- 10 pounds of B-B-Q Beef
- Use it to cook for a crowd
- Great for Rice Krispy Treats
- Brown 8 pounds of hamburger on the stovetop
- Italian Sausage and Peppers for a crowd
- Sauerkraut and Ribs for a crowd
- At a church breakfast, you can make a ton of Scrambled Eggs (omelets)
- Use on the stovetop for Pancakes and Grilled Cheese
- Great to do lots of Corn on the Cob
- Bake Ziti
- Great for Baked Potatoes for a crowd. Spray the pan with olive oil and roll in Kosher salt. Do not prick potatoes!
- Triple a soup recipe and freeze it in containers to take to work!
Quick Tips for using your Roasting Pan
- Whenever possible, elevate a roast so the heat and air can circulate underneath.
- A bone in a roast won’t take as long to cook as a boneless. The bone acts as a heat conductor to the meat’s center. Remember, the bone delivers a wonderful flavor!
- Roast your turkey with the breast side down for 1 1/2-2 hours and than flip it to keep the breast moist. It’s never dry.
- A roast should be large(and placed in a large pan) so it remains tender and moist.
Try this recipe for Oven Caramel Corn!
Oven Caramel Corn
2 Cups brown sugar
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup white corn syrup
6 qts popped corn (exactly what the large stainless steel bowl holds. 24 cups)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
Boil brown sugar, butter, syrup and salt for 5 minutes in large Roasting pan. Remove from heat and add vanilla and soda. Pour over the popped corn and stir well. (May add 1-2 cups of nuts at this time also!) Pour mixture back into Roasting Pan (if using another pan, make sure you butter it very well, but no need to butter with Roasting Pan!).
Place in a 200 degree oven for 1 hour. Stir about every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
Once cool, you can add M&M’s…nuts…candy corn…drizzle with melted chocolate…whatever you like! Store in covered containers to keep crisp.