We’ve all heard about food prices rising, food shortages, and even hoarding. The following tips incorporate ways to utilize your High Quality Kitchen Products and save money on your food budget:
1. Buy fresh produce that is in season. If you go to a local farmer’s market, you’ll quickly learn what’s ripe. At grocery stores, check out what’s on sale, that’s usually a good indication of what is fresh and plentiful. You can easily transform your findings into a delicious dish.
2. Buy unprocessed foods. Unprocessed foods are fresh foods such as dairy, produce, grains, meat and fish. Anything else that is not in a raw state is usually processed to some degree. Most processed foods live in the center aisles at the supermarket. Items such as frozen dinners, snack foods, jams, even some bread can be so highly processed and have so many unfamiliar ingredients in it that some authors call “edible food like substances.”
3. Make it your own… sauces, casseroles, and soups that can be frozen especially in individual portions.
4. Roasted Vegetables is a basic building block recipe where the leftovers can be used for meals. Stored in the refrigerator, they can be used in salads, sandwiches, side dishes, on top of couscous, polenta or pasta for quick and tasty meals.
5. Make time for cooking. Pick a day of the week or weekend to make several things to store in the fridge so you aren’t tempted to go out or order in. Make something that can be “re-invented” several times so it stays interesting.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!