This delicious chowder is on our weekly family menu. It can be put together in a matter of minutes and on the table in 30 minutes. It’s comforting and delicious!
Loaded Potato, Broccoli and Corn Chowder
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 to 5 medium potato (I used russet potatoes), chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup cream of “something” soup mix
- salt and pepper
- grated cheese (optional)
- Heat butter in a stock pot or dutch oven. When butter begins to sizzle and melt, add onion and potatoes. Stir until combined and add 4 cups chicken broth or just enough to cover the potatoes. Cook on medium low heat until potatoes are tender.
- Add the broccoli and corn, stirring until combined.
- In medium bowl stir together cream of “something” soup mix and milk. Slowly add to vegetables. Stir together until all ingredients are combined. Mixture will start to thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.