A versatile and nutritious Corn Salsa that goes great with any Mexican dish or transformed into a great tasting salad.
I don’t know why I like this salsa a lot, maybe because it is so good, or because it has so many versatile uses and it is really nutritious and good for you. You can decide why you like it.
I like to make a big batch of this, which is the recipe below, so you might want to half it if you are only going to use it for one meal. Here are a few ways to eat this:
- Chicken Tostadas with Corn Salsa
- Add black beans for a Black Bean Corn Salad and serve as a side dish
- Use as a salsa and serve with pita or tortilla chips. Black beans would be great in this for salsa too. (That recipe coming later)
Makes: 3 cups corn salsa
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. Serve corn salsa with grilled meat or poultry.