Here’s a recipe that’s great anytime! Have everyone assemble their own tostadas, topping them with the condiments of their choice. This is definitely a meal in itself, with it’s crisp tortilla shell base, meat and bean mixture, shredded lettuce, cheese and an assortment of condiments for your family to pile on top. Here’s my version of California Tostadas for my March Monthly Menu Plan. Noel’s Kitchen Tips Menus creates Menu Ideas for Busy Moms (and Dads) that are quick, easy and fun for their family!
- 1 package Chorizo sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 28 ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 head green lettuce
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- 2 tomatoes, diced or chopped
- Sour Cream
- Jalapenos, chopped
- Olives, sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- In a skillet on medium heat, cook Chorizo sausage, drain. Reduce heat to low and add pinto beans. Cook until beans are warm. Spoon meat and bean mixture into tostada shell. Top with shredded lettuce, cheese and tomatoes. Spoon a dollop of sour cream and salsa. Top with sliced olives and jalapenos.
As always, my quick and easy recipes for Busy Moms can be found on my website Noel’s Kitchen Tips.
Would you like to join our Family Cooking Club? Share recipes and tips with others? Join the Family Meals Matter Cooking Club on Facebook.
Sign up for my newsletter and get recipes, menu ideas, cooking tips and more delivered directly to you!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my newest healthy recipes for families, eating healthy on a budget and more!